Monday, May 3, 2010

Henna Boxes





I purchased the henna boxes years ago in India and one of them may have come from that magical city, Jaipur...it was such a long time ago.... Henna is used in a myriad of ways, but my favorite is the thick mixture which is painted in intricate designs on the hands and feet of a bride. I was inspired to post the containers after viewing a beautiful wedding video on twitter. Filmed in Jaipur, the photographer wove together actual wedding footage into a mystery of his own creation. I hope you enjoy the link, the film lasts about 30 minutes.

Kevin Shahinian's City of Lakes.

2 comments:

  1. These boxes are beautiful, much like my Saturday guest. Thank you for caring for both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWS ~ A heartfelt thank you! I finally caught up with Janet last night to hear all about her very special visit with you!

    ReplyDelete

Older posts you might enjoy....