Monday, May 17, 2010

1942 ~ A Trip to Transylvania

1942. A trip to Transylvania

This post is completely spontaneous and unplanned and is the result of finding the above flickr photo in the group, Time Passes.... The beautiful sepia tones and clarity caught my eye, then the arresting title and finally, the charming detail of the young woman with her bouquet of flowers by the side of the railroad tracks. elinor04 has kindly given me permission to include the image on my blog. The photo was taken in 1942 by her uncle who was 18 years old at the time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really inspiring and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious picture---just glorious---I was thinking that you couldn't possibly have been in Transylvania in '42, however....

    PS, Carol, I know you'll be interested in my post today about the JF Orchard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel ~ I felt the same way! There's a flickr link above where you can see many more of elinor04's vintage family photos.

    Aha Dilettante! You've been planting! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Older posts you might enjoy....