Friday, December 10, 2010

Out and About ~ Searsport, Maine



Early moonrise in Searsport, Maine


The time was inching toward 4:00 p.m. and there was dwindling light as I drove through Searsport, Maine. One wants to hurry home, shut the door against the chill and put the kettle on for a cup of tea. People seldom do...Mainers are accustomed to working on in the dark. It's a pretty little town with a long maritime history and the wonderful Penobscot Marine Museum. Don't blink as you drive through on RT. 1, it too, is worth a closer look.

3 comments:

  1. Love that 1st photo. Reminds me of your daughter's daily love jpegs to her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara! It's also my favorite and the result of suddenly glancing upward. I think I sensed the motion of the birds. I've loved Janet's "love jpegs" too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful light you captured. We have whizzed through Searsport many times and never stopped. Next summer we'll check out the museum...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Older posts you might enjoy....