Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Wishes

November in Maine has been beautiful! I thought a hypothetical walk around our small village might be a good antidote for any readers dropping by this weekend, especially after a groaning Thanksgiving table! The following photos were taken two weeks ago. I actually had Cooper on leash, so this was not a serious photography excursion...still, I always have a small camera in my pocket and the lovely light and shadows were irresistible.

Granite Steps

Bouquet in a Window

Tree Reflections

Carriage House Window

Euonymous by the Fence

Two weeks ago! Here is the view from my window this morning, a winter wonderland!

Safe Travels Everyone!

Wherever you are, wishing you safe travels and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. What a coincidence--we were visiting each other at the same time! I love these images of November's shadows. So lovely in this low light. I'll bet the final one was of today. Maine looked like a Christmas card today. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bouquet in a window - lovely! The last photo is pretty terrific too.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike ~ Thank you so much! You are right, the last photo was from this morning, we had about eight inches. I heard through the Maine grapevine that you got a lot too! The first real snowfall is thrilling, I never get over the childlike wonder of it. Have a wonderful day tomorrow, happy Thanksgiving!

    Blue ~ Thank you, and thank you for bringing beauty and so many talented people to my attention through your wonderful blog. Every post opens up a new world.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Celt!

    ReplyDelete

Older posts you might enjoy....