Sunday, April 11, 2010

Skewed Reality


Playa Del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico

These two zoom shots were taken seconds apart, but they present very different stories. I spied the guitar player from the deck of our hotel room in Playa Del Carmen and I would have loved better light, but it was late in the afternoon and the sun was low. The day was chilly and there were not many people on the beach to serenade, nevertheless, the singer was absorbed in the moment and in his music. I thought the scene with the surf at his feet was beautiful. I took the shot and when I focused again, I saw the seated figure, head in his hands. I wondered, what kind of sorrow and despair would make a person so oblivious to the sounds of surf and strings?

I have not yet posted the images to Flickr because I can't make up my my mind about which story to present.

2 comments:

  1. It does make you wonder, doesn't it? They seem so oblivious to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy Horse ~ Yes, it really does. I've thought about those two images, and possible explanations, quite a lot. Funny how we see more with a camera in hand.

    ReplyDelete

Older posts you might enjoy....