Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lily

Happy Easter

I've always avoided flash photography for the harshness that eliminates so much of the subtle color and shadow that I find intriguing, but lately I've been experimenting. There are possibilities and effects that can only be achieved with more light when a tripod is not an option. We have an abundance of gray days in Maine and the rain forest in Costa Rica often felt like twilight requiring the use of my pop-up flash. I was never happy with the result. A new Speedlite and filter have produced some interesting macro images...although, far from satisfied, I deleted them all. I'm still waiting for our spring flowers to bloom and I would even welcome a few bugs for inspiration! The lily was an impulse shot on my Android phone, flash on with minimal editing from PicSay. I think the cameraphone has a distinct feeling all its own.

Happy Easter to all those who celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older posts you might enjoy....