Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hard to Imagine

The temperature was -7 degrees F when we got around to looking at the outside thermometer this morning. Shards of ice crystals gleamed like jewels on the upstairs windows warmed by the sun. I think that's why I love etched glass so much, it reminds me of frost.

IMG_1594

Morning view from my fogged window.

IMG_1598

IMG_1600

IMG_1584

IMG_1579

We are flying south, way south, later this winter. It's impossible to imagine that kind of heat in our present deep freeze. I purchased sunscreen finally, guided to a small collection on a bottom shelf in an unrelated aisle I never would have found without the aid of a store employee. The same was true for mosquito repellant. There is little demand for those items in Maine right now.

I've pulled out a few tee shirts to try on...and other summer clothes. The cold air hits my skin and goose bumps instantly appear...texture on pallor. Yes, warmth is very hard to imagine!

6 comments:

  1. My thermometer a mile away registered -3. Amazing the effect it has---we've had such a mild winter so far, but nevertheless, our 48 hours in the deep freeze suddenly felt as if the mild winter had never happened---and sent us both to our blogs thinking of warmer weather!!!

    The photos are lovely, as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dilettante ~ Thank you! Those few days made me forget every summer day we ever had! I've been working with a new lens...very good for indoor shots!

      Delete
  2. that looks really nice... hope you're staying warm over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punctuation Mark ~ Thank you! There really is beauty in extreme cold, but better viewed from inside! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Those shots turn out to be very nice abstract pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. de engineur ~ Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment!

      Delete

Older posts you might enjoy....