Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brushed with Light

View in my photo stream here and here.

I really do need a bumper sticker with the warning "I brake for light" !! Like most of my photographer friends, I always have a camera tucked in my bag because the best captures are the ones you rarely see coming. I have doubled back on country roads for shabby houses, rustic barns, forlorn windows and lovely Maine seascapes that unexpectedly open up on coastal routes where one often sees no water at all.

On this January afternoon, the light was delicately brushing the tree tops and illuminating Blue Hill Mountain with a view below painted in blue/gray tones. I only had moments before my gilded trees and the bronzed ice in the bay disappeared in the approaching night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older posts you might enjoy....